Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Hubbys B-day On a BUDGET!

http://slideroll.com/?s=7nf7mt3z

It's funny my Doggies b-day is the weekend before my husbands b-day sooooo As I am making my dogs b-day cake I am thinking ,"what in the world am I going to do for my Husbands B-day?"
So Here it is a B-day weekend on a budget!!

Started by Friday He woke up to find a homemade sign above his head that showed his New Age.The rest of the day continued like normal ,But Friday nights we have Date night so we enjoyed a movie and dinner at home.(That was simple enough.)

Now onto Sat- I booked a hotel room to check in @ 2pm . I gavve Him plenty of time(just in case He had somthing he wanted to do.{which He did} We checked in at 1:45 and out to the movies we went. We checked in for a movie that didn't start until later(sometimes when you do that they allow you to stop into another movie until yours is ready)
TWO Movies for the price of ONE you can't beat that!!
Well all movied OUT we headed back to the hotel But not before stopping by a fast food joint and picking up some junk food. AKA our dinner for that night.Easy so far RIGHT?

Now onto SUN- We enjoyed a complimentary breakfast at the hotel .Then checked out and headed home:{I planned that so we wouldn't have to pack our church clothes}. We checked on the dog changed our clothes and headed to church.
Sun afternoon I planned for his family to come and some of his friends.
I started making the food Quick food I made a 16" pizza but stacked real high (it feeds more people that way The cost of the pizza $8
I grabbed some frozen hotwings for $2.50 And some frozen bread sticks for $2.50 also
Total $13 to feed Apx 8 Adults (not bad)

I made a homemade 4 layer cake for hubby His favorite is Carrot cake So I made carrot and vanilla. Then we had a family movie night/party at the house.
It was Simple,Easy & Everyone had a BLAST!!

Quick dog cake recipe
1 cup flour
1tsp baking soda
1 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup veg oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1tsp vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1 egg
Mix all ingredients , place in a pre-greased pan and bake on 350 for 30 min.

For frosting Puree cottage cheese and add some sprinkles
Pawwww-fect for a pooch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

HTML for Blog Button

SimpleChristianHomemaking

Sandra's button

5 Moms Blog

Deniece's button

Button

MiMi's Blog Button

Nannie's button

A Country Mom

Nan's button

MomsTheWord

PENNY PINCHING DIVA

Penny Pinching Diva

All Christian Moms Member

Erica's Blog

coahbutton

Followers