Wednesday, September 22, 2010

LEFTOVERS, LEFTOVERS EVERYWHERE


 I opened my fridge and there were just SO MANY containers filled with...LEFTOVERS!  I mean there were more leftovers than fresh foods.  I hate the thought of wasting food. So what was I to do but make a casserole with the leftovers. A casserole is a good comfort food any day.  Let me tell you what I did; I took and layered a large casserole dish with with cooked rice, on top of that I spread cream of chicken soup, on top of the cream of chicken soup came my leftovers. I had a little chicken noodle soup, a little chicken stir-fry and a little beef stir fry. After layering my leftovers I spread another layer of cream of chicken soup and topped with shredded cheese. I baked it in the oven on 350deg. for about 45 minutes. My family LOVED it! They ate so much and even my picky guy, Bakari, went for seconds.

1 comment:

  1. Nice!!!! I don't end up with a whole lot of leftovers b/c we just eat leftovers for lunch the next day. However, I will definitely keep this in mind!!! I'm always afraid of mixing flavors- I'm glad it came out well!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

HTML for Blog Button

SimpleChristianHomemaking

Sandra's button

5 Moms Blog

Deniece's button

Button

MiMi's Blog Button

Nannie's button

A Country Mom

Nan's button

MomsTheWord

PENNY PINCHING DIVA

Penny Pinching Diva

All Christian Moms Member

Erica's Blog

coahbutton

Followers