Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My 1st Sourdough!!


OK in response to my Sis (SCH1)I made my sourdough. It was simple easy and ohhhhhh so good.I didn't realize how good it was well till I ate it for breakfast,than for lunch oh yeah did I mention for afternoon snack ,dinner,late night snack and then just snack.
Yeah I kinda got carried away with the bread but it has this flavor that is just so good. Soooooo.... Needless to say I handed some of my sourdough bread off to friends and family(most of which are very critical) and got nothing but great responses.Some even thought it was made in a bread maker(which it wasn't,my kneading hands can tell you.) So now I am getting endless request for me to make more not just sourdough bread but they're giving me recipes for other breads they would like me to make..LOL. It looks like this is a start to a very good career. JK

Oh here's the recipe I used for my Bread
2 cups Starter
3 cups flour
2 tbs softened butter
4 tsp sugar
2 tsp salt
Mix all ingredients BUT flour . then slowly knead in the flour 1/2 cup at a time.Knead in enough flour to make the dough good and flexible and bake on 375 for 35-40 min
Anyways have fun and share those great bread recipes.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! I am so happy for you. You're in trouble now, knowing how to make your own bread:-) I have trouble putting down homemade bread too:-)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

HTML for Blog Button

SimpleChristianHomemaking

Sandra's button

5 Moms Blog

Deniece's button

Button

MiMi's Blog Button

Nannie's button

A Country Mom

Nan's button

MomsTheWord

PENNY PINCHING DIVA

Penny Pinching Diva

All Christian Moms Member

Erica's Blog

coahbutton

Followers