Thursday, March 18, 2010

This, that, and the other

Hello everyone!!! I hope you all had a fun Saint Patricks Day. I was one smart mommy, I got up early and found all my kids green to wear, so they wouldn't get pinched:-) I too, wore my green. I wore a green shirt, that didn't look too greatr on me just to save myself from the many pinches I could have received:-) My son, Beau, asked me what Saint Patricks Day was all about, and other than not getting pinched, I wasn't quite sure, so here's what he found:


 Saint Patrick's Day (Irish: Lá Fhéile Pádraig) is a yearly holiday celebrated on 17 March. It is named after Saint Patrick (circa AD 387–461), the most commonly recognized of the patron saints of Ireland. It began as a purely Catholic holiday and became an official feast day in the early 1600s. However, it has gradually become more of a secular celebration of Ireland's culture.

It is a public holiday on the island of Ireland, including Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, as well as in Newfoundland and Labrador and in Montserrat. It is also widely celebrated by the Irish diaspora, especially in places such as Great Britain, Canada, the United States, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, and Montserrat, among others.

Also, hubby and I went on a date to Applebee's Sunday night. It was so much fun to get out by ourselves. By-the-way, I told you all that most things we do revolve around food. Anyhoo, we had the the spinach and artichoke dip to start and it was SOOOO GOOOOD!!!! See the capitals, that's just how good it was. Well, I went online in search of the recipe so that I can make it for my whole family Saturday night. I'll give you guys the recipe in a sec. So, then I was a good girl and ordered my entree off of the 550 calories or less menu. I had this wonderful dish with wholw wheat penne pasta, shrimp, diced veggies, and a chili sauce. Healthy eating never tasted so good. Here's the recipe fpr the spinach dip:

.Things You'll Need:


•1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained, and roughly chopped

•1 (10 oz) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed

•10 ounces prepared Alfredo sauce

•1 cup shredded parmesan-Romano cheese blend

•1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

•4 ounces (1/2 pkg) cream cheese, softened

•1 teaspoon minced garlic

Step 1 First you need to drain 1 (14oz) can of artichoke hearts. Then chop them up into smaller chunks. Keep them chunky though!

Step 2 Next you chop up your thawed 10 oz) box frozen chopped spinach.

Step 3 Then you open your jar of 10 ounces prepared Alfredo sauce.

Step 4 Measure out 1 cup shredded parmesan-Romano cheese blend.

Step 5 Then soften 4 ounces (1/2 pkg) cream cheese.

Step 6 Now you shred 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.

Step 7 Finally you mince 1 teaspoon fresh garlic.

Step 8 Combine all ingredients except 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese in a bowl. Mix them until well blended.

Step 9 Put your mixture in an oven safe bowl or crock.

Step 10 Sprinkle with remaining mozarella cheese and place in oven at 350 degrees for about 15- 20 minutes or untin chese is all melted.

Step 11 Remove from oven and serve hot or warm with tortilla chips or pumpernickle bread. Sit back and enjoy your masterpiece!


And lastly, here's a Nutrisystem update: The food has been great, my body is starting to get use to not eating at night out of boredom and I can't believe I can be filled off of real portion size. My weight is still the same as last week. What can I say, 4 pounds is a lo to lose in the first week. Surely that yummy spinach dip couldn't have had anything to do with my weight staying the same:-) Hey, I have weekends off and it was a date:-)

Well that's that. I'll talk to ya'll soon!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

HTML for Blog Button

SimpleChristianHomemaking

Sandra's button

5 Moms Blog

Deniece's button

Button

MiMi's Blog Button

Nannie's button

A Country Mom

Nan's button

MomsTheWord

PENNY PINCHING DIVA

Penny Pinching Diva

All Christian Moms Member

Erica's Blog

coahbutton

Followers