Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm A Once A Month Cook Wannabe

 Beau Sr was in the mood to grill (anything that allows him to play with fire) so I started taking meat out of the freezer for him to cook up.  I thought since he's already over the grill I'll have him cook up enough meat for about a month.  He grilled 2 1/2 pkgs. of hamburger patties and about 50 hot dogs.  I had laid out 3 pkgs. of chicken but he ran out of time before we had a birthday party to attend, so once we were home from the party, I boiled all three pkgs. of chicken and placed all the meat in Tupperware containers and put them in the freezer.  Now I have cooked hamburgers, hot dogs, and chicken.  I like to boil the chicken as opposed to baking it or frying it because once the chicken is boiled it becomes really tender and I can just thaw it out and use it in lots of different recipes, especially good in casseroles. That's more than enough meat for a month. Now if I can only take the time to actually turn that meat into meals I'd be set. Baby steps :-)

1 comment:

  1. You sound like me...but you have a great start my friend. The meat is the biggest part of the meal. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

HTML for Blog Button

SimpleChristianHomemaking

Sandra's button

5 Moms Blog

Deniece's button

Button

MiMi's Blog Button

Nannie's button

A Country Mom

Nan's button

MomsTheWord

PENNY PINCHING DIVA

Penny Pinching Diva

All Christian Moms Member

Erica's Blog

coahbutton

Followers