Wednesday, April 7, 2010

3-IN-1... We're talkin' posts, not the trinity ;-)

First, I would like to say THANK YOU to my wonderful blogger friends for your continuous encouragement and advice. The comments left yesterday were such a blessing to me. Now that that's said, let's move to

    Post one: IT'S NOT ALWAYS ROSES

I just want to say that the life of  a homemaker is NOT always blissful and easy, nor has to be,  like it may look to people on the outside. Sometimes I go to other homemaker sites and leave feeling really bad about myself because they SEEM to have it all together. I mean some ladies have 15 kids and their homes still look like a show-home no matter what, or they handle every situation without raising their voices above a whisper, and some homemakers seem to have it made because their children NEVER disobey or fight with their siblings. Well, don't you worry my friends, I will NEVER let you come away from this site feeling like that ;-) I only get through each day, or better yet, each minute, because of God's wonderful grace. I'm definitely NOT super-woman, not only is my house only really clean for 30 minutes at a time but if I'm having company over or am doing a home tour for my blog, you can rest-assure that I've spent ALL DAY cleaning and raising my voice a few times at the kids to try to keep my home in order until our guest has gotten one foot out the door or I've gotten to that last shot for my home tour. After that it's back to HURRICANE BAKER. Also, my kids do not always listen and they do quarrel with one another. When that happens we try to go to God's Word and find out what He has to say about it, or if I've really had it and can't take anymore with their behavior and have done all I know to do then I'll comfort myself in knowing that these are the Lord's kids and it's on Him now. Anyhoo, I could tell you lots of stories and give tons of reassurance that things aren't always what they seem in Blogland and that's o.k. God didn't call us to be perfect. Just do your best and let God do the rest!

  POST TWO: TO TRY TO KEEP WITH THE THEME OF POST ONE- I'LL TAKE THAT ORANGE JUICE STRAIGHT

Last night I was running around the house straightening up, trying to make everything look nice for when hubby gets up in the morning. I was quite proud of myself because not only was the house in order but I had gotten through the bedtime routine with the kids and was in bed myself at a good time. So, we get up this morning and I've cooked a breakfast of sausage and biscuits (my younger sons favorite) and am feeling good about myself. That is until I turned around and saw my dear son Beau drinking out of the concentrated orange juice container.


Now why in the world would he do that? So, I stared at him for a minute and then asked, "Why didn't you just get a cup?"and his reply was, "You forgot to run the dishwasher so there aren't any cups." Well what could I say other than, " Carry on then." I have gotta remeber to start that dishwasher ;-)


                              POST THREE: ON A MUCH CUTER NOTE...

My wonderful aunt had given me a gift certificate for $10.00 to Kohls. How sweet! There were a few things to consider though; Kohls is a bit pricey, the gift certificate was expiring in a couple of days, and it had to be used on childrens apparel. These considerations were kind of tough. My first thought was to go the next day and buy my two year old some pretty little panties. God had it all under control. I try to remember to pray before I go to purchase anything at a store and I had. When I walked over to the little girls section, right before me were all these cute little spring dresses that were originally priced $22.00 and were on sale for $8.80. By-the-way, that ahppened to be the last day of the sale. It was a no-brainer. I was getting her a brand new dress. My younger son was there so I let him pick it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

HTML for Blog Button

SimpleChristianHomemaking

Sandra's button

5 Moms Blog

Deniece's button

Button

MiMi's Blog Button

Nannie's button

A Country Mom

Nan's button

MomsTheWord

PENNY PINCHING DIVA

Penny Pinching Diva

All Christian Moms Member

Erica's Blog

coahbutton

Followers