Sunday, April 25, 2010

SATURDAY FUN

Beau Jr. trying out police vest @ Scout Show        Watching a demo of police dog training
                                                    

                                     Bakari found his sea legs

Yesterday was such a busy day for us. We signed up to walk for MARCH OF DIMES and it was a blast! A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who contributed. It was a hard 5 mile (I think they lied and it was 5 miles each way :-) walk , but for a great cause. After that we went to the SCOUT SHOW since my little guy, Bakari, is a cub scout. That's always a fun time. The scout show has hundreds of  free scouting activities for the kids to do. We only did a handful, but it was still a blast. After that, we headed home for some food and rest before I had to take Bakari to a birthday party he was invited to. The birthday party was held at an indoor pool. Bakari has always been a little afraid of swimming and usually just sits on the steps inside the pool. Well, I am super proud of him because he not only played in the pool, he went down this really long and windy water slide. That pretty much sums up our super fun Saturday. Oh by-the-way, I had an opportunity to give blood at the scout show because they had a mobile donation bus set up. I strongly support blood donation. It can help to save lives. I used to donate regularly but they closed down the donation site near my house because of a lack of donors, so I kind of got out of the "habit". It was a good reminder that I can and need to help in that way.


 If you're wondering why there aren't any pictures of Ariana from yesterday, it's because she and grandma spent the day with one another.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds to me like both of us were super busy yesterday. You all had a lot of fun. I would love to give blood too. I have a great vein:) But only one good vein. When I had my thyroid cancer my blood was always being drawn. Too bad they can't donate that blood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MiMi, I never knew that about you, that you once had thyroid cancer. You are even more amazing than I thought:-)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

HTML for Blog Button

SimpleChristianHomemaking

Sandra's button

5 Moms Blog

Deniece's button

Button

MiMi's Blog Button

Nannie's button

A Country Mom

Nan's button

MomsTheWord

PENNY PINCHING DIVA

Penny Pinching Diva

All Christian Moms Member

Erica's Blog

coahbutton

Followers